Amazing! 6 Tips on Siding Replacement if You Live in an HOA Community
Information about 6 Tips on Siding Replacement if You Live in an HOA Community
A siding replacement is a pretty quick DIY project. However, if you live in a shared apartment (HOA), you may need to take additional steps. Make sure everything is prepared and done before your facade builders arrive. Hinkle Roofing is here to share some siding replacement tips if you live in an HOA community.
1. Read the CC&Rs of your HOA. As a homeowner, you are responsible for reading and understanding the contents of the agreements, terms and restrictions of your HOA. Your HOA’s CC&Rs will be updated from time to time, so stay tuned. This will help you understand what is allowed and what is not allowed in your project.
2. Obtain pre-approval. Before you start the project, be sure to get it approved by your HOA. Your HOA CC&Rs should include the steps to obtain pre-approval from the board.
3. Hire qualified professionals. Make sure the contractor you hire is trustworthy and experienced. Some HOAs also provide a list of contractors who have worked in the community. You can also find contractors recommended by neighbors and friends.
4. Make sure your contractor understands the CC&Rs. If you are hiring a contractor who is new to your community, be sure to let them know about your HOA’s CC&Rs. As a homeowner, it’ll fall on you if something goes wrong or doesn’t comply with the CC&Rs.
5. Be a good neighbor. Take some time to let your neighbors know you’re going to be replacing a siding. In addition, you can meet the construction times provided by the HOA to cause the least amount of disruption. This will help avoid problems that may arise with your neighbors.
6. Place all building materials in the right place. This includes all the materials required by the contractors and the junk generated by the exchange. Make sure rubbish is disposed of properly. If your façade builder also offers waste disposal for a fee, it is best to make use of the service.
Are you planning to renew your facade soon? Our siding contractors at Hinkle Roofing are ready to do a great job. Call us now at (205) 324-8545 or fill out our contact form for a free estimate.
Breaking Story – 6 Tips on Siding Replacement if You Live in an HOA Community
The Latest News on 6 Tips on Siding Replacement if You Live in an HOA Community
Original Source: https://www.hinkleroofing.com/siding/6-tips-on-siding-replacement-if-you-live-in-an-hoa-community/
Category – Roofing