Amazing! Overlay Roof Pros and Cons
Information about Overlay Roof Pros and Cons
If a Texas storm delivers a decent hammering, your roof may be too damaged to be repaired. You may need a new roof. One option for roof replacement is to install a canopy roof. The new roof is placed on top of the existing one.
The main benefit of a top-on roof is that it eliminates the time and money spent tearing down the old roof. By saving material and labor, you can save up to 25% of the costs of re-roofing your house with a canopy. While it’s always nice to save money, putting a new roof on top of an old one comes with some serious risks that you should be aware of.
• Underlying Damage: While a roofing can fix leaks, it won’t repair damage under the layers of your current roof. If a leak or other problem is due to damaged insulation, for example, you can still have problems after covering it with an overlay.
• Connection plates: Connection plates are metal cladding around chimneys, side walls, etc. These are intended to prevent water from penetrating under the roof, but a roof can impair them.
• Uneven appearance: Layered roof adds an extra layer to the roof of your home that can create an uneven appearance. Not only can this detract from the aesthetics of your home, but it can also detract from the overall value.
• Shorter lifespan: In many cases, a canopy has a shorter lifespan than tearing down and replacing the old roof. This can reduce the initial savings.
• Weight and Zone Restrictions: Zone restrictions limit the number of overlays you can have on your roof. In addition, additional roofing increases the weight of the structure. So if your roof is already under excess weight, tearing it down may be a better option.
• Insurability: Depending on which roof shape you start with and which roof shape you want to put on it, there may be problems with your household insurance. Some insurance companies are reluctant to insure a home with asphalt shingles laid on top of cedar shingles, as this type of roof can be more prone to hail damage and can be more expensive to replace.
Rebuild Texas Roof Pros will assess the current condition of your roof and help you choose the best renovation option for your situation.
Breaking Story – Overlay Roof Pros and Cons
The Latest News on Overlay Roof Pros and Cons
Original Source: https://rebuildtx.com/overlay-roof-pros-and-cons/
Category – Roofing